Are you ready for the best keto friendly buns?
Low carb hamburger buns: Let’s talk about it.
As you fire up the grill in the summer months, it may be to your advantage to consider having some nutritious low carb burger buns at your disposal.
Keep in mind, just one store-bought enriched hamburger bun contains a whopping 22 grams of carbohydrates.
Needless to say, you know that you’re not eating just one hamburger at the cookout.
If you are limiting it to one, then you better consider the high carb sides that you may add to your plate.
Never the less, you might want to also consider whipping up some low carb sides while I’m on the topic.
With that said, if you’re carb conscious and ready to go, let’s dive into creating some low carb hamburger buns that also taste fantastic!
The ingredients you need include:
9 tablespoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of Fleischmann’s Yeast
2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
1 1/4 cup of warm water
2 Tablespoons of psyllium husks
1 1/2 tablespoons of chia seeds
3/4 cup of almond flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup of coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- With a small bowl, add your water (heated to 105 degrees), honey, and a packet of Fleischmann’s Yeast and allow the yeast to ferment.
- While the yeast is fermenting, crack the eggs in a large bowl and whisk well.
- After whisking the eggs, add your almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, xanthan gum, salt, and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Next, mix the psyllium husks and chia seeds in with your yeast mix.
- At this point, your yeast mix should be ready to be added your batter. You’ll want to mix this combination thoroughly as well.
- Next, you’re going to make eight small dough balls and place each in your perforated bakery mold.
- Finally, you’re going to place the bakery mold in the oven for one hour at 300 degrees.
Bada boom bada bing!
You now have yourself some scrumptious low carb hamburger buns.
Was that so hard?
I didn’t think so.
With your keto friendly buns, you can make yourself traditional burgers, sliders, or a killer bacon buffalo chicken ranch sandwich.
Now, say the latter three times really fast.
I dare you. Anyway, now it’s your turn to do this.