The perfect keto friendly bread.
Low carb bread is a great idea in theory, but in practice, it’s not so pleasing on the taste buds.
Over time, I’ve tried several low carb bread recipes’.
I didn’t find one that I could eat and maintain a straight face!
However, I didn’t want to give up on the idea all together.
In the meantime, I was pondering the question, “How could I make a killer tasting loaf that didn’t pack on the pounds, by still remaining a keto friendly bread?“
After all, it’s yeast that gives regular bread that taste we all know and love. After a workout, it hit me, “I’ll just add a couple of teaspoons of Fleischmann’s Yeast.”
Wouldn’t you know, it did the trick!
“Who has time to make a stinking loaf of bread, when I can just conveniently pick it from the store for just a little over a buck?“, I asked.
The way I figure, if I spent just one hour to make a loaf of low carb bread that would last me a week, I’m not only saving that buck a week, but I’m also saving the extra three bucks a week in gas to get to the store in the first place.
After the smoke clears, I’m saving myself a total $4 a week. If I multiply $4 by 4 weeks, I’m saving $16 bucks a month.
What’s the big deal about a measly $16 bucks?
Well, my valued reader, that $16 more than pays for my monthly Amazon Prime membership.
On top of that, I’m making myself a nutritious and keto friendly bread; thus, saving myself some potential medical insurance copay’s in the process.
Bottom line: It pays to cook at home!
The ingredients you need include:
10 tablespoons of melted butter (1 tablespoon to grease the loaf pan)
2 teaspoons of Fleischmann’s Yeast
2 teaspoons of honey
1 1/4 cup of warm water
2 Tablespoons of psyllium husks
1 1/2 tablespoons of flax seeds
3/4 cup of almond flour
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup of coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon of cream of tarter
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Before you gather your ingredients, you’re going to want to preheat your oven to “warm” degrees.
- Coinciding with pre-heating the oven, you’re to heat up 1 1/4 cups of water to about 105 degrees.
- After that, pour the water in a small bowl.
- Once you add the water, put in the honey, and add the Fleischmann’s Yeast and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for your yeast, soften 9 tablespoons of butter on a low heat.
- In a large bowl, crack open 8 eggs and whisk the thoroughly.
- Now that the yeast has settled, mix in the psyllium husks and flax-seeds.
- Returning back to bowl of whisked eggs, add the coconut flour, almond flour, salt, cream of tarter, baking soda, and softened butter and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the yeast mix into your batter and mix well.
- Grease your loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Once you’ve prepped your loaf pan, pour in your batter and spread it evenly.
- Put the loaf in your warmed oven for 1 hour to let your dough rise.
- After your dough has risen, brush the top of it with 1 egg whisked. At this stage, make sure that you pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees.
- With your pre-heated oven, bake the loaf for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Let your low carb bread cool for 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Note: If you want to prevent any of the bread sticking to your pan, I highly recommend using a copper loaf pan for this. Although I didn’t use one in the video demonstration, I plan getting one for myself for future baking.
If you can muster up the will power and have a little vision, you too can create yourself a nutritious, yet savory, loaf of keto friendly bread.
It goes perfect with soup. Now, it’s your turn. Peace.